Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The City Can Suck It

I had been looking forward to going to the city this past weekend for quiet some time. It had been almost a year since I had last been to Portland and I was starting to go through withdrawals! This was going to be the first time in over a year my guy and I had spent a weekend apart, so that was trying enough as is since I knew when it came time for bed I wasn't going to sleep that well, but I found comfort in the fact I was going to be with good friends who were almost like family, or so I thought. More on that situation in a moment. I was also secretly freaking out that I was going to come home to a disaster. Leaving 2 men, who are less than motivated to pick up after them selves, unsupervised in a house I have been working very hard to organize and clean was sure to be the end of me.

Thursday rolled around and I shipped mini me off to school for her last day before Christmas vacation and I went off to work for part of the day. Quitting time rolled around and I headed out of town grabbing little miss along the way. We were starting the 200 mile journey to the big city and at this moment I was super excited about it. I couldn't wait to get up there get a little shopping in and get some GOOD sushi which is so hard to come by around here. 1st stop when we hit the city was her dad's house since she hadn't seen him in a few months. That was bad idea #1 or at least for a few days I thought it was. Now I'm actually glad everything went down the way it did because I have eliminated some unnecessary people from my life. After leaving her dad's I was supposed to head another 45 minutes North to a friend of mines house, well after a conversation with her dad it was discovered this friend who I considered family was nothing more than a lying deceiving bitch. So I headed out in search of a decent hotel. I spent 2 nights in a damn freaking hotel, alone, not cool.

Woke up Friday thinking that it would be better than Thursday had been. It was already off to a rough start because of my lack of sleep in a super uncomfortable hotel bed without my guy. BOO. I figured some retail therapy might make me feel better. I headed for Fishermens Warehouse. I was almost positive I would cheer myself up there. I was on the hunt for a nice rod rack for the house, red power line in 30lb test, some new saltwater grade bombers for striper season coming up, and some 1/2 ounce pink rooster tails. Fishermens Warehouse ended up being a HUGE disappointment, they only had my power line. So I was 1 for 4. Next stop was what used to be the Sportsmans Warehouse and is now something like Wholesale Sports or some shit like that. It turned out to be strike 2 with nothing I was after.  What in the hell is going on here. I was sure a big city would have what I wanted but it had almost NOTHING. Of course I found things I liked so I got them but absolutely nothing I needed. Grrrr. It only got worse from there. As I get out to my truck the guy next to me rolls down his window and says "Sorry but I ran into your truck when I was pulling in". HOLY SHIT are you kidding me? At this point I have had it with the city and the shit going on, I wanted to dive through his window and strangle the dude. Instead I acted more responsibly, got his information and called on it right then, no way was I letting this guy out of my sight without having verified his insurance was legit. After all with my luck he would have left and everything he gave me would have been bogus. After that fiasco I decided I was done with the city. I remembered why I only came up once a flipping year. Let me tell you what I am in no way eager to go back up there. Shit the guided fishing trip I bought on the Columbia up there I'm about to have refunded back because I don't want to go any where near that god forsaken hell hole.

I am so glad I decided before going up there to only stay until Saturday because if I had to spend one more day up there chances were I would have committed homicide. That would not have been good. The only good thing that came out of it was a conversation I had with my Ex's dad which unfortunately I have to keep hush hush about for now and that my daughter got to have a mini Christmas with her dad. But lord was I happier than a clam at high tide when I finally got back home! I dropped my daughter at the babysitters, picked up my boyfriend and we headed for our friends' Christmas party!

Saturday was very much needed after the hell I had been through. It was about a 25 mile drive up the river to our friends place and along the way what runs out in the road, a coyote!!!! He dodged up an old dirt road and we took off after him, ran him quiet a ways trying to tire him out and get a chance at a good shot. Well he most definitely got tired but we never got a chance at a good shot because the road was so bumpy. We finally rounded a corner and he had a clearing to dart of into. Bummer. But the chase was fun. We turned around and headed back up the river. Spending the night with a good group of friends, drinking, bull shitting, and belting out songs like friends in low places and boot scoot boogie in a giant group huddle was exactly what I needed. There is nothing better than a down home redneck party!! And were doing it again NYE this time at my house! Watch out were going to rock the neighbor hood!


Lures and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment