Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Even Little Girls Love Camo

So for Keelie's 7th birthday I came up with a few themes for her to choose from. For the last seven years we have gone with what I refer to as "main stream themes", Her 1st birthday was Lilo and Stitch, 2nd - Disney Princess, 3rd - Horses, 4th - Tinkerbell, 5th - Cars (her idea), 6th - Horses (again). This year I decided to step outside the box and not choose a theme from the party aisle of a local big box store. I wanted to create it all myself! So I compiled a list of ideas that I thought would be cute yet still be who she is. The list consisted of a ladybug theme, a cowgirl theme, which, after a few days I removed since we had done horses twice already it was to similar. There was also a candy bar theme, John Deere theme and a camo theme. She chose camo. I was super excited for this because I have a slight, OK major obsession with camouflage. The only other theme she could have chose that would have made me just as happy would have been John Deere, another obsession of mine! The theme was chosen and thus started my creative work. Seeing as how this is a girls party we had to add a girly touch to it and in came the PINK!





I made all sorts of things!!!! The invites, cupcake toppers, a gift table sign, and a shooting range sign. Originally the plan was to have  a shooting range with marshmallow guns but the guns i ordered ended up sucking royally. Piece of advice DON'T order the Marshmallow Popper it was a major let down. So plan B. I went to Cabela's and got a new wii game and set up the "shooting range" on the T.V. I made all the cupcakes and the cake myself and I wish now I would have taken pictures of the insides of them because I marbled them in chocolate and pink, they were super cute! I ordered a camouflage edible image from Fun Cakes on Etsy and wrapped it around the side of the cake I made and then topped it with pink sprinkles. I found Mossy Oak Camouflage cups, napkins and balloons Here, and bought some pink plates, cups and table cloths at Walmart. I had my boyfriends dad who thankfully is a logger cut me up some rounds to put things on for an outdoorsy effect! The party was a huge hit and Keelie LOVED it!!! It makes me so happy she's so much like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment