Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Getting Into The Spirit The Redneck Way


Christmas is my absolute favorite time of year! Usually the day after Thanksgiving Ive already got my decorations up and the Christmas music going. Not the case this year. I was moving during the last 2 weeks of November and it was chaos. So needless to stay I'm still getting decorations up as I find them. This year I decided I wanted to have a real tree again. They are so much pretty than an artificial one and smell amazing. Well seeing as how my roommate is a logger he said he would bring one home out of the woods. AWESOME. Well that didn't turn out quiet like I had hoped. And I should have known better seeing as how when I moved in his tree from last year was on the kitchen table still and it was definitely one Charlie Brown would have been proud of. I procrastinated for a few days on saying anything or doing anything with it until the boys took the situation into their own hands.

Last years Charlie Brown tree. I'm still amazed all the needles were still intact

The burning of last years tree

This years tree


We had a BBQ with friends this weekend at our house and at one point the beer supply ran out so I ran to the store to stock up on some more. Bad idea. Do not EVER under any circumstance leave those boys unsupervised when they have been consuming alcohol. I came home to the tree which I was more than sure wasn't even going to fit in the stand because it was so small, in the stand, and fully decorated. In the kitchen none the less. While I was gone they dug through the totes in the garage and found the lights and my ornaments and went to town. Of course though not without their own touches. When I walked into the house I was speechless. I didn't know whether to laugh because the tree I must say is pretty damn awesome or be pissed because they broke some ornaments in their intoxicated adventure. I ended up laughing, how could I not. They were standing there admiring their work and just the looks on their faces when they saw me come in was priceless. I actually kind of love it but that's the redneck in me. Mini me on the other hand was less than impressed when she woke up the next morning. The 1st words out of her mouth were "What is that"? I Couldn't help but laugh and explain to her what the boys decided to do the night before. She knowing them both all to well just rolled her eyes, shook her head and told me "That's not what I had in mind for our tree mom". Again I was laughing. The things this kid says sometimes crack me up. I promised her I would pull out the fake tree and we'd go buy some new pink and sparkly ornaments just so she could have a tree she wanted. Needless to say this year we have His and Her trees!

The boys pride and joy

His and Hers


And to think I'm leaving the boys unsupervised this weekend while I head to the city for some much needed time away from our sleepy little town. Im terrified to see what the house looks like when I come back.

Here's to another round



No comments:

Post a Comment