Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Titleless

So yesterday I blogged about the dinner I threw together in my badass camo crockpot. I love that thing like it was my kid! I know I'm ridiculous but come on now its awesomeness is well just that awesome! I mean really who doesn't want one for them selves? It will cook you a complete dinner with little effort on your part and its my favorite color, Camouflage. That's right I said color. Camo becomes a color when it's a big part of your life and its a HUGE part of my life. My daughters room is done in Pink Realtree, mine in Mossy Oak Breakup and the living room is in a transition from country western to hunting lodge so it to will have camo accents! Back to the crockpot. I said if it turned out good I was going to post the recipe and it did turn out really well but I want to make it again and tweak it just a smidgen more to where its PERFECT and then I will post it. But for now you get to see said awesome crockpot!

Wait there's more!

There's this restaurant up in Portland called Fire On The Mountain, it's a hot wings place that I absolutely LOVE and miss dearly. Not only do they have like 12 different versions of wing sauce but they have deep fried desserts! Twinkies and Oreos, I am not a Twinkies fan at all but I did try it once and it is much better then a plain old regular Twinkie, but then again everything seems to be better fried. I always order the Oreos when I go there, the trip isn't complete if I don't. They are AMAZING!!!! Well last night I decided its been a good 8 months since I have been up there and that I wanted to try and recreate them at home. I figured they'd be good but no where as good as F.O.T.M's. WRONG! Watch out F.O.T.M I'll give you a run for your money with my Oreos!!!!I actually think I one upped them, there Halloween style! I'm actually kind of scared that I can make them just as good because I'm going to want to make them all the time and my waistline is not going to like that at all. Good thing it's hunting season and theres one more tag to fill which means tons of miles left to hike up and down the sides of massively steep units!

Tell me they don't look AMAZINGLY AWESOME!

I just realized I used amazing and awesome way to much. Awesome. Maybe I should expand my vocabulary. Then again maybe not.

I will share the recipe with you so you too can enjoy these bad boys! I promise you won't regret it, well maybe your waist will but your tase buds wont!

DEEP FRIED OREOS

2 quarts peanut oil for frying (you can use vegetable but I prefer peanut)
1 large egg
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 1/2 -1 3/4 cup pancake mix
As many Oreos as you'd like. I made 6 with plenty of batter left for at least another 6-10

Directions

  1. Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Whisk together the egg, milk, and 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a bowl until smooth. Stir in 1 1/2 C of the pancake mix until no dry lumps remain. You want to make sure your batter is thick but not to thick, you want it to coat the cookie completely to form a nice outer shell. If needed slowly add in the remaining 1/4 C mix. Dip the cookies into the batter one at a time, and carefully place into the hot frying oil. Fry only 4 or 5 at a time to avoid overcrowding the deep fryer. Cook until golden brown, about a minute and a half to 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Transfer to clean plate dust with powdered sugar and ENJOY!!


Deep Fried Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment