Monday, October 24, 2011

Fish On

I love living in Oregon, we've got it all! Living on the coast is even better! I've got the dunes, river, mountains, and a handful of lakes all in my back yard! I can fish and hunt within minutes of my front door step!!! And this weekend Fall weather was at its finest this weekend! Clear blue sky, sun shining, no wind and the water was calm! I took full advantage of the weekend and went fishing Saturday and Sunday morning. There's something very peaceful about being out on the lake just before sun up with the water smooth as glass and the birds chirping and an occasional frog croaking! Sun up and it was fish on! Weekend tally for myself 4 salmon landed, 1 lost, 2 trout, 2 large mouth bass and a perch! The boyfriend went out 3 days this weekend, lucky sob has 3 day weekends. He landed somewhere around 10 salmon, a couple of trout, perch and a large mouth. Mini me went out yesterday with us and she reeled in a large mouth for me then she hooked into her own trout and hooked into her first salmon, she lost it right at the boat. She was so bummed. shes wanted to catch a salmon so bad. We didn't let her salmon fish on the river this year it was just to hard. We figured when they moved into the lake we could get her one, so when she heard he had caught some Friday she told him to knock it off and leave some for her. She cracks me up. She was less than pleased when I went Saturday while she hung out with grandma and found out I had caught some. So Sunday morning it was up long before sunrise to beat the crowds to the boat launch. Getting the little one up that early when its the weekend is not always an easy task but when you say it's fishing time she flies out of bed with energy I wish I could posses even after 3 cups of coffee.

I was excited when we got to the boat ramp and there was only one other person there, Saturday was a completely different story, it was insane, there was no parking left you had to find and make your own spot along the side of the road. It soon became apparent why, there was a bass tournament going on, the lake was packed. It was almost like fishing on the river with all the "flat landers" people from the valley with their big expensive boats who have no common courtesy and think they own the river. They are such a**holes! I don't know how many times I have watched them just plow through and cut peoples lines. HELLO there's a whole other side of the river for you to motor back up AWAY from all the rest of us still trolling down. Ugh, I could rant on and on about how I feel about "flat landers" and the way the fish the river. The bass boys really pissed me and the beau off Saturday. They apparently have no respect or know what common courtesy is either! Oh wait that's right cause their "flat landers" too. We along with quiet a few others would be fishing in one of the arms of the lake and it was fish on! They'd be biting left and right, someone was usually landing a fish that was until a bass boat would come flying up into the cove wide open and scare everything off. It'd take an hour or so before anything would bite again and just as the action started back up again here comes another damn "flat lander".  I'll get off my soap box now.

Sunday was great, no bass fisherman, the water was calm, it was still dark when we put in, and it was blue sky and sunshine once the sun rose. Fish were biting at sun up!  It was great getting in good fishing with my loves! I love watching her fish and the excitement she has for it! When she hooked into the her 1st fish she was so excited she started reeling and reeling and when she got it in and realized it was a trout she was still just as happy as when it bite and she thought she might have a salmon. She unhooked it and threw it back, put her line back in and within a few minutes had another fish on. It gave her a bigger fight then the last so we got excited realizing she had a salmon on, she fought it and got it up to the boat when it popped off the hook. She was bummed she didn't get it in but still stoked she had one on. So she set the line back out and said she wad going to catch it again. Some time went by and nothing, then I hooked into a fish got it in and it was a salmon. She wasn't pleased. She is convinced that it was the salmon she had lost earlier and wasn't happy I caught it. Ooops. She hates loosing, and she hates being out fished. It got to the point when I was with her dad they'd leave me at home and go fishing because they'd never catch anything and Id have fish after fish on!!! I've got quiet the competitor on my hands, I hate to see what happens when she gets into sports and looses. Lord help me.

Early morning out on the lake! And just behind the fog bank and over that ridge is where I got my deer this year!
Fishing at 7am like its nothing!
Mini me and a large mouth!
Proud of her trout!
Perfect Fall afternoon on the lake!


Fish on!

No comments:

Post a Comment